French sewist currently working on creating my own business around sewing and DIY.
As a former manga lover I learned to sew 14 years ago by myself in order to create my own cosplays (costumes based on manga/film/anime/video game characters). I then, obtained a degree in tailoring and I’m now, slowly but surely, sewing my entire wardrobe since I’ve stopped buying ready to wear clothes 4 years ago.
What influence does music have in your life as a creative?:
Music represents a huge part of my life as there’s not much time when I’m not listening to music. I think I need a “soundtrack of my life” and as a result most of my memories are linked to a song or an artist.
I listen to music when I’m eating, reading a book, walking on the street and definitely when I’m sewing.
It helps me focus and understand those really cryptic Burda’s instructions. It helps me enjoy cutting and taping PDF patterns (which I’m really not a fan of). It helps cover the monotonous sound of my sewing machine. It helps celebrating a finish project and taking photos and videos #thehandmadehustle
Tell us about your playlist:
This is basically the progression of the different styles of music I listen to during an entire sewing project (and pretty much every day at the moment).
Some folk, some soul, some pop, some in English, French, Korean and Japanese
- To All of You – Syd Matters
- All My Days – Alexi Murdoch
- Cold Little Heart – Michael Kiwanuka
- So Caught Up – The Teskey Brothers
- Stronger – Raveena
- Late Nights & Heartbreak – Hannah Williams, The Affirmations
- Feels Like Summer – Childish Gambino
- Mine (feat. Drake) – Beyoncé, Drake
- bad guy – Billie Eilish
- bury a friend – Billie Eilish
- bellyache – Billie Eilish
- xanny – Billie Eilish
- Casio – Jungle
- Shuraba adult ver. – Tokyo Jihen
- Something About You (with Rudimental) – Elderbrook, Rudimental
- 7am to Seville – Hannah Williams, The Affirmations
- Falling in Love – 2NE1
- Fleur De Saison – Emilie Simon
- Like Sugar – Chaka Khan
- Boys – Lizzo
- Love On Top – Beyoncé
- Grown Woman (Bonus Video) – Beyoncé
- End of Time – Beyoncé
- I Am The Best – 2NE1