I am a Student Awards Coordinator by day, doing my best to support students financially and making them happy and successful in whatever field they wish to pursue. I am sewing enthusiast by night, obsessed with adding fun twists to classic pieces, and a sucker for bright colors. I recently moved to a colder city so I have been focused on making midi length garments so I can get a lot more wear out of them all year round.
What influence does music have in your life as a creative?:
Music did not inspire my journey as a sewist but it has been by my side ever since I decided to learn to sew. You can find me singing terribly along with a song in my sewing room at least twice a week. I can get lost in the music while sewing and lose track of time which is great for when I intend to sew all day long.
Tell us about your playlist:
For this playlist, I chose to select what I consider ‘head bopping’ r&b music with some African music thrown in. As eclectic as my music style is, I feel these two genres are at the core of it all. Some remind me of my childhood (e.g Full moon by Brandy) and some simply make me happy every time I hear them. I hope you enjoy it!
- LOVE – Jhené Aiko
- D & G (feat. Summer Walker) – DaVido, Summer Walker
- Superwoman – Alicia Keys
- Jerome – Lizzo
- Different (feat. Damian Marley & Angelique Kidjo) – Burna Boy, Angelique Kidjo, Damian Marley
- Rendezvous – Craig David
- Beautiful People (feat. Khalid) – Ed Sheeran, Khalid
- Can’t Help but Wait – Trey Songz
- You Make Me Wanna… – Usher
- Love Like This – Faith Evans
- Right Here – Human Nature Radio Mix – SWV, Teddy Riley, Franklyn Grant, Allen Gordon, Jr.
- BROWN SKIN GIRL – Blue Ivy, SAINt JHN, Beyoncé, WizKid
- Hold On, We’re Going Home – Drake, Majid Jordan
- Anybody – Burna Boy
- Show Me Love – Alicia Keys, Miguel
- I Know You – Craig David, Bastille
- ALREADY – Beyoncé, Shatta Wale, Major Lazer
- Full Moon – Brandy
- Joro – WizKid
- Karma – Alicia Keys