Sienna Parfittmaker / sewist / artist
I taught myself to sew close to six years ago. It started off slowly, but eventually ended up dominating all of my free time and brain space. I enjoy sewing all sorts of thing; garments, quilts, bags, home goods, all the things. I’m happiest when I’m making something with my hands.
What influence does music have in your life as a creative?:
My grandfather was a prolific artist and absolutely loved music. He blasted classical music all day long, so I’ve always associated music with a creative practice. Although I don’t usually play classical, I find instrumental music to get me in the mood creatively. My brain is easily distracted by lyrics so when I’m making, I favor songs with few lyrics, or repetitive vocalizations that blend into the music.
Tell us about your playlist:
I tend to listen to the same song or songs on repeat until I get sick of them. This playlist is what I’m currently looping. It’s soothing, fades into the background when I’m really focused, but also has some upbeat parts to re-energize me when motivation wanes.
- Sunny Sloth – Monster Rally
- It All Feels Right – Washed Out
- Spooky Couch – Albert Hammond, Jr.
- lovers’ carvings – Bibio
- Keyboards Cause We’re Black and White – De Lux
- Home – LCD Soundsystem
- JBS – Chaz Bundick Meets The Mattson 2
- Smokey Cabana – Monster Rally
- No Woman – Whitney
- Orchids – Monster Rally
- Lipstick – Ariel Pink
- Shalala – Moses Gunn Collective
- Windows – Sugar Candy Mountain
- sweet. – Nohidea
- Friends – levitation room
- Indian Food – Dumbo Gets Mad
- Windowpane – Mild High Club
- He Would Have Laughed – Deerhunter
- Man Of Oil – Animal Collective