Indonesian born who now lives in Los Angeles, California. I work in non-profit e-commerce full time, and sew in between my day job and night classes that I’m currently taking. I like to sew woven garments. My makes range from tops to jumpsuits and everything in between. My favorite fiber is linen and that reflects a lot in my sewing!
What influence does music have in your life as a creative?:
Music, for me, defines a period of time. I always have a few songs that are in rotation which I repeat constantly in a given period of time. I started sewing a couple years ago and that coincided with the time when my husband and I started our lives together. There was a lot of figuring things out between us and myself alone. So I always associated my sewing with a journey to understand things, mentally and physically. I was trying to understand a newly defined relationship with my husband, and I was trying to define my relationship with my body and how to clothe it intentionally via sewing. I do listen to songs when I’m sewing a pretty complicated projects, but when I’m sewing simpler ones, I like to listen to podcasts more!
Tell us about your playlist:
These are the songs that I associated with my sewing journey. I think there are a lot of songs that bring a sense of catharsis in this playlist. There are also some songs that I jam or dance to, and generally my favorite songs from the past a couple of years!
- Sound & Color – Alabama Shakes
- I Don’t Know – Nick Hakim
- Want Me – Puma Blue
- Fallingwater – Maggie Rogers
- Dunes – Alabama Shakes
- No Wrong – Bahamas
- Time Moves Slow – BADBADNOTGOOD, Samuel T. Herring
- Star Treatment – Arctic Monkeys
- Goodie Bag – Still Woozy
- Lost In The Light – Bahamas
- Miracle Aligner – The Last Shadow Puppets, Alex Turner, Miles Kane
- B.M.F.A. – Martha Wainwright
- Caught – Florence + The Machine
- Gimme All Your Love – Alabama Shakes
- Sweet Dreams, TN – The Last Shadow Puppets, Alex Turner, Miles Kane
- Dancing On My Own – Robyn
- St Jude – Florence + The Machine